The year 2020 has been less than stellar for most of us. Now, we’re looking forward to ringing in the year 2021! Fingers crossed that next year be a fabulous one for all. Although no year is without its grievances, there are certain things you can control.
The year 2021 calls for fire safety and home security safety planning. Why? Because that’s one thing you can control and prevent from happening. You can prevent a fire. You can prevent a break-in. With proper safety planning for 2021, you can protect yourself and your house.
Your Safety Plan for 2021
Fire Safety Plan
- Check your smoke detectors to ensure they are in good working order.
- Replace dual-sensor and ionization smoke detectors with photoelectric smoke alarms. Photoelectric smoke alarms respond to fires better than the other two types of smoke detectors.
- Reduce fire hazards in your home by getting your heating equipment cleaned and inspected regularly by a professional.
- Ensure no electrical cords run under your furniture or rugs.
- Never leave candles unattended once they are lit.
Home Safety Plan
- Install a home security alarm to prevent burglary. Once installed, have it checked regularly to make sure it is working. Call us for a free New Year’s service call. We can check your system and advise you on your security needs.
- Walk around the outside of the home, looking for areas that potential thieves can use as hiding spots. Cut down overgrown trees and bushes.
- Visit your local police department to learn about any past break-in trends in your neighborhood.
- Install motion-sensor lights outside your home for added security. You can use smart lights or automatic timers that you can control remotely to turn on and off the lights.
- Don’t place any valuables in view of the street, such as the windows. Ensure you can see the person at your front door without having to open it.
- Create a safety routine of locking all the doors, closing all the windows, and turning on the security alarm system each time you leave your home and before sleeping. The security alarm needs to be installed in a place where it is not visible to others.
Make Millennium Fire & Security, Inc. a part of your safety planning for 2021 by contacting us at 407-890-0506 for our security alarm systems and fire alarm systems service.